I received these in an mail from one of our vendors here at work. I thought they were too good not to share.
The Storms You Don’t See
from Reflections by Mark Vittert in St Louis Biz Journal
• The older I get, the less I listen to what people say and the more I watch what they do.
• Be silent sometimes. You will learn a lot.
• The first to apologize is the bravest. The first to forgive is the strongest. The first to forget is the happiest.
• It takes red meat and pork about 48 to 52 minutes to go through your system. It takes a banana 90 minutes to go through. Eat fruits and vegetables.
• Humble yourself. Nobody likes arrogant people. Even arrogant people don’t like arrogant people. Quit thinking you’re better than others, you’re not.
• Never be ashamed or scared of doing the right thing. It’s the storms you don’t see coming that change you.
• If you can’t stand to see others happy, you need help. Being happy upon the happiness or success of others is a sign of purity of the heart.
• Kindness is free to give and priceless when received.
• Some of us could improve our whole lives if we just put down our phones for a few hours. Spend some time each day away from your cell phone.
• Don’t try to rush things that need time to grow.
• Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how much you can get hit and still keep moving forward.
• You can’t let praise or criticism get to you. It’s a weakness to get caught up in either one.
• Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you.
• The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply.
• The saddest thing in the world is that we take advantage of how much someone loves us and don’t recognize the moment may never, ever come again.
• The confident leader asks questions, always wanting to learn from others. The weak leader does all the talking to prove how much they know.
• Ask yourself once a day: “What are you so afraid of?”
• The longer we dwell on our misfortunes the greater is their power to harm us.
• Everybody wants to save the earth; nobody wants to help mom do the dishes.
• If you want to free someone forgive. If you want to free yourself forget.
• Anger is a bad adviser.
• Every situation does not need your comment.