Thanks to Ruth Ann Nordin for tagging me for First Day, First Paragraph.
Here are the rules:Publish your own post on the first day of the month.
- Use the graphic above.
- Thank and link back to the person who tagged you.
- Explain the rules like I’m doing now.
- Post the first paragraph of a story you’ve written, are writing, or plan to write someday.
- Ask your readers for feedback.
- Finally, tag someone to do the post next month (for example, if you do the tag on the first of January, the person you tag has to do it on the first of February), and comment on one of their posts to let them know the good news.
For my first paragraph, I chose a short story that’s free to download. I chose this instead of one of my novels or novellas because this one has always been near and dear to my heart. I love the Beauty and the Beast type stories, and this one has a special twist.
Here’s the paragraph:
From the shadows he watched her. She was exquisite…perfect. He knew he would only be able to watch her from afar. She was beautiful, and he was a beast. So he would watch her, admire her, but he would never speak to her or even let himself be seen by her. Her delicate senses didn’t deserve to look upon such ugliness as his.
What do y’all think?
So, I’m going to tag L. S. Engler for March 1!