I was actually going to post about something else today, but then I realized it was the day for our ROW80 midweek check-in. I’ll do my other post tomorrow, I guess.
I had a a really kick butt word count on Monday (I’ll post actual numbers on Sunday). Last night, I wanted to write, but several things hindered me.
1. One problem was my hands. I’ve mentioned this before. My hands used to bother me a lot, but for the past few years, they have been much better. In the last few months, they’ve started hurting again, right in my thumb joint. I don’t know what has changed, but that Dragon software is looking better and better.
2. I needed to establish how much time it takes to get from point A to point B traveling at a certain amount of knots (this is on a ship), so I had to do some research. Luckily, I found the time frame I had already written in works fine. Whew! And I’m still stumped by the riddles I need for the challenges. I could write the scenes that come after the three challenges, but I’m a very linear writer, and I just CAN’T. It’s like reading a book out of order.
3. I also spent some time with my mom and her computer. If I don’t write early, I get too tired to write. But as much as my writing means to me, my mom is more important. She comes first. And she’s one of the biggest supporters of my writing, as well as one of the most awesome people I know.
I tried proofing Vampires’ Curse (I NEED to get this in print as soon as possible!) last night, and I got through a few pages, but I was trying to do it on the living room couch. There was a Big Bang Theory marathon on some channel that my husband was watching, and Sheldon just always creeps in when I’m trying to do something. He’s just so FUNNY, I can’t help but listen. The reason I’ve been writing/proofing in the living room is because the chair in my office is just too uncomfortable to sit in for long. I’m really needing a new chair, but I’m putting off spending the money. But I’m going to have to soon.
What’s up with the rest of you?
Read Full Post »
1. Ok, I might as well admit right now that I haven’t been writing. About 10-12 years ago, I had some pretty bad hand pain, mostly deep down in that fat area under my thumb. Maybe down in the thumb joint. I even went to an orthopedist who said there was some arthritis, but not enough to cause me that kind of pain. They couldn’t find anything else. I was given an excruciatingly painful cortisone shot that did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Gradually, through the years, the pain lessened to something very manageable. I almost didn’t notice it anymore. Then, in the past week, the pain suddenly flared up and I could barely use my right hand. It was scary, but it’s better now. Maybe I just injured it somehow and didn’t know it. That kept me from writing for several days, but I was feeling better and was going to write Saturday. I had all day to tinker with my story. However…we have a clothing giveaway at church once a month, and it wasn’t my group, but I ended up volunteering to help. Because NO ONE will do their job! There was only ONE person from the group that was supposed to do this…everyone else was volunteers. It’s true that 10% of the people do 90% of the work, especially in church. Oh, and then my husband says we’re going to leave right after this thing is over (at noon) and go to the movies. So my day is shot. I came home from the movies and went to sleep at about 4:00. Grrrrrr.
2. We went to see Battleship. I loved this movie! Lots of action, characters that grow, and moments that made me cry. And moments that made me want to pump my fist and say “Yes!” I feel stupid, though…I didn’t know that the movie was based on the game with the same name. LOL
3. My kittens are still as adorable as ever. Even if I do have to sweep up dirt from the potted plants. And we have one climbing plant that was wrapped around a broad stake that’s stuck in the dirt. Not anymore. The plant is no longer wrapped around the stake. The kittens tried to climb the stake. I need to buy them a climbing/scratching post.
4. Six days and counting until my vacation. I really want to get some major writing done during this vacation. The trick will be to get up before anyone else and write. That shouldn’t be to difficult. I’m the only early riser of the bunch.
Read Full Post »