I just realized two things. 1) I forgot to do my final round check-in and 2) It’s been three weeks since I posted my Friday Kick the Insulin post. Where does the time go?
I did pretty well this round with writing except for something that threw me way off balance for about a week and halted my writing progress. I was spot on for getting my monthly word count goal in, but this thing really got me down for about six or seven days. It shouldn’t have bothered me, but it did. I can’t go into it publicly because I don’t want hurt feelings, but I’m okay now due to some other friends talking me down from the precipice. I’m a very upbeat kind of person, so it was really unusual for me to be down. It just goes to show our writing is very important to us. Yeah, this was all about writing. Anyway, I’m going to finish below my word count goal for the month, but I’m okay with it. I needed the time off to regroup.
Since this is Friday, I’ll also touch on my Kick the Insulin thing, although I don’t usually combine it with ROW80. I haven’t been able to cut down my dosage yet, but I’m gradually losing weight. It’s coming off about 1/2 lbs. a week right now, but I’ll take it. The only thing I’ve been doing differently (except a little exercise) is replacing one meal a day with a Shakeology shake. If I can get my other meals under better control, there will be more success. And I need to get back to my PiYo workouts, which came to a standstill while I was teaching Vacation Bible School one week. Then I just didn’t get back to it.
I’m really looking forward to the next round! See you all there!
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged insulin, losing weight, piyo, ROW80, shakeology, writing | 7 Comments »
I usually don’t get a chance to relax on a Sunday morning with my coffee and my laptop. But I got up early this morning, so breakfast was made and eaten early. And here I am with a little time to kill before church. :)
I realized I didn’t get all my sponsor duties done last week, and I apologize for that. I had Vacation Bible School all week, plus I’m doing a beta read/edit, so I was swamped. Things have calmed down now.
Because of aforementioned VBS and beta read, I hadn’t touched my WIP for two weeks until yesterday. I’m way behind on my monthly word count, but I managed to get over 1300 words in yesterday. Since that’s 3 times the amount of daily words I need to meet my monthly goals, it helped me gain a little. So now I have to average a little over 600 words per day to meet the goal, which should be doable.
My vacation is coming up in three weeks, and I’m really looking forward to that!
I guess that’s all!
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged beta reading, editing, ROW80, word count, writing | 11 Comments »
There’s not a lot to report. Blood sugar is staying steady. I lost another 1/2 lb. this week. I’ve been doing a lot of exercise, but the past few days I haven’t felt well, so I took off a couple of exercise days.
I’m pretty happy with my progress. I would like to lose weight a little faster, but slow and steady wins the race. Well, at least in the case of the tortoise and the hare. LOL
Here’s a hilarious video with Tony Horton about Shakeology, which is what I’m drinking.
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged diabetes, fitness, health, insulin, shakeology, tony horton | 6 Comments »
I was a cleaning machine yesterday! Since I’ve been drinking Shakeology, I have all KINDS of energy. Oh, wow, I just sounded like a commercial. It’s true, though! :) I got so much done yesterday, some of it stuff I’ve been putting off.
Oh, and I got some good words in yesterday, too! I’ve been neglecting that since I had two editing jobs that needed to get done fairly quickly. Now, in order to make my word count quota for May, I have to write over 1400 words today. I usually don’t write on Sundays. But I WANT to make that quota. Can I do it? Maybe….
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged editing, goals, ROW80, shakeology, word count, writing | 8 Comments »
I haven’t posted since week 4. There’s been so much going on with work, death, and other things.
Here’s the deal.
I’ve lost 4 1/2 lbs. That’s not as much as I would have liked by now, but I’m finally doing some serious things to promote my health. Some of you have read earlier posts and know some of this stuff. Feel free to skim.
1. I started drinking Shakeology shakes from Beachbody. This is a meal replacement shake which has more nutrition than any other shake on the market as far as I can tell. This is from their website: “You’ll get protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals, phytonutrients and antioxidants, super-green foods, prebiotics, digestive enzymes, and just about everything else your body could ever need.” I can honestly say I have more energy.
2. I’m doing PiYo, which is a workout that’s a cross between Pilates and Yoga. It’s really kicking my butt, but it’s going to be worth it! I also got this from Beachbody.
3. My blood sugar is staying really good. I just wish it would stay that way without insulin. I actually forgot my insulin the other night, and 24 hours later (when I realized I had forgotten it the night before), my blood sugar was only 167. That’s really not bad for no insulin. When I was first diagnosed, it was almost 400 without insulin.
I fully believe I’ll be able to kick the insulin by the end of the year. I’m really going to try hard. Wish me luck!
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged beachbody, blood sugar, diabetes, insulin, piyo, shakeology | 4 Comments »
I missed check-in yesterday, but at least I’m doing it today. Here’s what’s going on.
1. I finished one of my proofreading jobs and am well into another one.
2. Saturday, I wrote about 1200 words on my own WIP, which sort of surprised me.
3. I’m continuing to drink my Shakeology shakes, and I’ve lost four lbs.
4. I watched the first PiYo workout to see how hard it’s going to be (I start it today). Wow, I’m going to be in serious pain.
5. Hubby and I are going to see The Avengers: Age of Ultron today.
6. Hubby always goes to visit an elderly lady who’s bedridden on Mondays, and today I’ll get to go with him since I’m off from work. She’s a hoot. :)
That’s about all. Boring, huh?
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged piyo, ROW80, shakeology, writing | 10 Comments »
I’ve had to let my writing go just a bit. I have two proofreading jobs I’m working on right now. I’m about 3/4 finished with the first one, and I’m a little way into the second one. I hope to wrap up the first one by the weekend. I just can’t do all three things at once.
I probably wouldn’t have to set my writing aside, but I have a bunch of things going on besides the proofreading. I went over some of these in my last post, so I won’t bore you with all of that. The only change is that one of our church elders who was very sick has now passed away, so there will be a funeral tomorrow night. Life just gets all kinds of crazy.
I interviewed someone yesterday to replace my assistant, and I really hope she takes the job. This will be the first time in a long time there’s been another female besides me working here if she does. I guess I’ll have to share my bathroom. The upside is, she seems to be very organized, and none of the guys here are, so I’ll have a kindred spirit in that respect. *keeping fingers crossed*
I really hope life slows down some. Not the proofreading jobs. though! I want them to keep coming! :)
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged copy editing, proofreading, ROW80, writing | 8 Comments »